What is SIP URI? SIP URI defines a communication resource.
Complete SIP URI structure is the following:
- user is optional although Cisco CUCM does not support URI without user meaning one can’t just type sip:company.com and hoping it would work.
- uri-parameters and headers are optional as well.
- password is not recommended.
- host: [fqdn | ipv4 | ipv6]; CUCM does not support ipv6 yet.
- user is case sensitive, host is not.
JSmith@company.com != firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com == jsmith@Company.com